Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rice

To get Loretta's bowels back in working order -- to firm up the "output" -- we've put her on a 24-hour fast. She's already broken it, of course, which is entirely my fault: I haven't yet internalized that a litter box is a dog's version of TGI Friday's. (Coprophilia, thy name is Loretta.) Tomorrow we'll start feeding her rice, which seems to be the universally recommended diet for a dog with the runs. For now, though, I should make sure that we have a healthy supply of paper towels and Nature's Miracle.

Someday my entries here won't be about poop.

3 comments:

  1. It's a good thing Dad and I dropped in on you two before Loretta. Fancy having to deal with parents and poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, next time you visit -- and hopefully next time you'll stay longer! -- you can clip Loretta to her leash and take her for a brisk walk around the park. You won't even need to bring a poop bag along, because she'll already have pooped in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. My vet said to give boiled turkey or hamburger meat with the rice.

    I must be really lucky. Rufus only ate poop for the first few weeks and then he got over it. Someone recommended putting tabasco sauce on poop so that the dog learns her lesson! Don't know how Marley and Edie will feel about seasoning in their litter box...

    Liz's mom tells me that cat food is dangerous for dogs. Have you heard anything like that?

    ReplyDelete