Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Loretta got out of her crate again today while we were both away from the apartment. After confirming that she indeed does not possess opposable thumbs, we concluded simply that the crate is a piece of crap. She was able to remove the door from its hinges and exit, which further allowed her to move her bowels over my new pair of swim trunks. It was the first, and last, time those trunks ever got wet.

This large, loud beast also appears to be an inconvenience for the kittens. Loretta makes overtures to play with them by barking and flailing her front paws in the air; when the kittens tire of this, they hiss at her, whereupon Lo slinks away with a whimper.

For my part, I'm beginning to miss the kittens, who lately have been less inclined to collapse on my chest now that they have to be on high alert.

Thankfully, though, kittens always have something better to do than hang out with us, so I'm sure they're doing just fine. Me, I'm not so sure.

2 comments:

  1. Loretta's limitless love will exhaust you two. Make sure you schedule a date-night out, and don't tell the dog-sitter where you're going! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exhausting and frustrating owning a new dog. I've been there! I missed my freedom and peace. But it does get easier to manage things and Loretta will calm down and become loyal and good. And hopefully the kitties will become more curious and ready to play.

    ReplyDelete